Thoughts so far........Quantum Break


My Thoughts So Far........

Quantum Break



     Quantum Break is a game that slipped under my radar back when it originally released in April of 2016. It wasn't that I didn't have any interest in the game, but it's impossible for me to buy every single game release, therefore, I chose to wait for a price drop. I ended up waiting way too long, in my opinion, as I'm having a great time with this video game/television show hybrid. If you have been reading any of my recent posts, you will notice that I ran a “Top 10 PS4 Games” article for a while and I plan on doing one on the Xbox One in the future. That is what led me to purchase Quantum Break. I figured that I should dig deeper into the pool of exclusives available to that console before putting together the list. I was able to grab a copy for less than $20 and I don't regret it yet at all.
I have only completed the first act of the game, but I am already sold on the premise. Quantum Break's story revolves around the discovery of a particle dubbed “chronons”. They are literally what make up the fabric of time. I, myself, think that time travel is an overused story element, but this one has me hooked. The game is a shooter at its core and plays a lot like Uncharted, until the game throws the time power into the mix. Then, it feels like you are a super hero in a game that has a slight Uncharted feel. Due to events in the story, you are able to do things like freeze enemies in place or zip across the room while leaping forward in time and feeling like The Flash in the process. There is an auto cover mechanic that kicks in when you get close to any object that can be used for cover and it seems to work well so far. I thought the first few enemy encounters in the game were exhilarating and I'm anxious to dig in deeper.



     The story is full of big, intelligent ideas from the get go and gave my brain some deep stimulation. The writing and acting are some of the best in all of video games so far, though it is quite early. I am just enjoying its' great ideas so much. The game does suffer from framerate drops. More often during the cinematics than when pulling the trigger. It isn't hurting the experience yet, but it is quite noticeable. The live action TV side of the game is very well put together from the looks of the first episode. The interactive parts affect the show, so it will definitely take two plays to see everything the story has to offer. I like that sense of replayability. I'm really looking forward to spending more time with the game. If the rest of the game keeps up the momentum of act one, then I should be in for a real treat.

--------Nerd Guy Out




Thoughts so far........Quantum Break Thoughts so far........Quantum Break Reviewed by ThatNerdGuy0627 on January 04, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.