A note on my review policies.

Review and scoring policies:


*My reviewing policies have recently changed and I will be updating this page as soon as possible with an updated look at how I score games* - Nerd Guy 6/5/18



Starting with each new review that I publish going forward I will now have a 5-star scoring system in place. I have already gone back and updated all past reviews with this system. I will grade each game based on the following items.

Graphics/Audio – This is where I will rate how well the game looks and sounds. The game's performance will also be taken into account here. How well does the frame rate hold up? Also, I would like every game has to look hyper-realistic like Horizon Zero Dawn to get a high score in the graphics department. Some games are meant to look retro, some are meant to look like a painting, and some are meant to look like lego blocks so the style of the games art will be taken into account. The game's music and overall audio will also be put into this score.

Gameplay – How well do the mechanics that make up the game work? If it's a shooter, how good is the movement and aiming? If it's a RPG, how does the leveling system work? This rating will let you know how fun it is to actually press the buttons and play the game. The games controls play a heavy role in determining this score along with how well everything works together.

Story – This rating will only be present in games that feature a story as a selling point of the game. The quality of a story like Final Fantasy or Fallout deserves its own rating whereas a game like Tetris has no story to speak of whatsoever. The quality of the writing and the pacing will be addressed here as well as how much the story adds to the package as a whole.

Replayability – This is where I will address how much the game brings me back for more. Does it give me plenty of reasons to continue booting the disc up? Is the game worth playing multiple times? Is the open world huge and varied and does it give you plenty of interesting things to do to soak up your time? This rating will tell you that.

I will give each of the above items a rating from 1-5 stars. The final score will be an average of all of the above scores. The highest rating a game can get is 5 stars. I would also like to add that just because a game gets 5 stars does not mean that it is pure and perfect. It is impossible for any game to be perfect. If a game gets a 5-star rating that means it is one of the best games on the market and none of its flaws hamper the experience in any way.

Thanks for reading everyone. I look forward to pushing out as many reviews as possible for you all. If you would like to see a certain game reviewed, retro or current, just contact me via the comments section, twitter, or Facebook. I'll see if I can make it happen.
                                                                                    
                                                                                                  ---------------Nerd Guy Out

side note – anime will be reviewed in a different way and I will update this page showing that policy ASAP.
A note on my review policies. A note on my review policies. Reviewed by ThatNerdGuy0627 on January 14, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.