Thoughts so far........ .hack//G.U. Collection

.Hack is a series that eluded me in my youth.  I played a little bit of the very first one but never beat it or played any other game in the series after that.  Last Friday the .hack//G.U. Collection released for the PS4 to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the series.  The G.U. series is the sequel series to the first set of games.  There are 3 games in the series presented as volumes and they added a brand new 4th volume into the collection.  I'm going to write up a full review that will be featured here but it is a massive game and is gonna take me a bit of time.  Until then I will be posting my thoughts on the game on a new segment of my blog entitled "Thoughts so far....."




     My thoughts so far on the G.U. collection are a bit mixed.  I have finished volume 1and am 2 hours into volume 2.  The first game was very uneventful and boring.  I felt like it could have been several hours shorter.  Compared to its PS2 counterparts the game is really pretty but it definitely shows its age still.  The lack of talking animations sometimes really gets under my skin.  There are special scenes that have been completely rebuilt and these are when the game shows it's true beauty.  They even talk right in them!!!  It is compelling enough to keep me going but I really hope things start to pick up soon.  The combat is what keeps me coming back.  It's real-time combat and it's fun.  It's not very flashy but that's ok.  I'll post more thoughts after I finish up volume 2.







Thoughts so far........ .hack//G.U. Collection Thoughts so far........     .hack//G.U. Collection Reviewed by ThatNerdGuy0627 on November 08, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.