The Tamriel Chronicles - Letter 6 - What Happened to Those That Drained the Vampires?



Dear Vaananna,
Things are not well here at the College of Winterhold my friend. I can't explain exactly what is going on, but a foul atmosphere has descended upon the entire college recently. Your presence here is much needed. I hope you are not out harloting yourself away right now. We need you here!

I was recently approached by the Arch Mage's adviser, Arcano. There's something off about him, but I fear I am too green to speak up. I haven't been studying here at the college very long after all. I would appreciate some backup on this matter from you. You are the only friend I have here, save for that introverted elf Brelyna, and I don't think she is going to be much help here. I hope this letter is able to reach you swiftly.

I just returned to the college after seeing some truly horrific sights at Fellglow Keep. The librarian, Urag gro-Shub, sent me on an errand there to retrieve some stolen books from a former apprentice who had taken them in hopes of giving them as a peace offering to a group of necromancers that had been expelled from the college. I've seen some truly horrible things during my stint as the Dragonborn, but nothing could prepare me for what I stumbled into at Fellglow. There were dead Nords and Khajiit strung out all over the place. I have a friend that would have gone mad at the sight of so many of his kin lying dead and disfigured. If it wasn't for their fur, some of them wouldn't have been recognized as the cat-like race they were.

They were kept like animals.
The necromancers were also keeping vampires in cages. Most of them had already been bled to death and used in horrible experiments. I'm not sure if you know this but my companion, Serena, is a vampire (long story). She doesn't hold a lot of love for her kind, but I could see that she literally got sick with rage at the sight of them being held in cages as if they were animals. She freed those that were still breathing and together they slaughtered everything that moved within that keep, save for the mastermind behind it all, another necromancer, who went by the name The Caller. We found him in a ritual chamber deep within the keep. We also found the thief, Orthorn, on our way to the chamber. I took pity on the poor soul and let him go. I think Serena disapproved of my actions in regards to him. He wasn't like the necromancers we fought. He was just a fool who got in over his head. Death finds fools on its own and doesn't need assistance from me.

Once we were upon The Caller, I was able to persuade him to hand over the books in exchange for no more bloodshed. I knew from the look in Serena's eyes that I was telling a lie. As soon as I laid my hands on the books she ripped The Caller's throat out. I can't say that I blame her at all. The wretch had it coming.


Please get to the college as soon as you can, Vaananna. Time is of the uttermost importance. I will try my hardest to figure things out the best I can until you arrive, but I don't how much help I can be. Get your ass here.
                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                  Scalera

A look at Serana

The Tamriel Chronicles - Letter 6 - What Happened to Those That Drained the Vampires? The Tamriel Chronicles - Letter 6 - What Happened to Those That Drained the Vampires? Reviewed by ThatNerdGuy0627 on June 05, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.